Can you get full custody without divorce?

Can you get full custody without divorce?

The short answer to the question is yes. You can file a Petition for Legal Separation and ask the court to declare you and your spouse legally separated. With the legal separation, the court will implement a child custody and visitation schedule to which the parties must adhere.

Can my ex stop me from moving away?

Probably – A move across town is not likely to result in an objection. However, while your ex-spouse cannot prevent you from moving, any custodial parent contemplating a long-distance move away from an involved non-custodial parent should think long and hard before making that decision.

Can my ex stop me moving away with our daughter?

Would a Court stop you and what exactly are your rights? The short and simple answer is your Ex-Partner cannot stop you moving away. The Courts recognise and will often sympathise with the Parent that will now have to live away from their child but will also realise that this is a practicality.

Can you take a child out of state without a custody agreement?

If there is some type of court action involving the children (divorce, custody, visitation, child support, etc.) that is in process, then it may be illegal for you to take the children out of state, even temporarily, without permission from the judge and/or consent of the other parent.