How do I interview a divorce lawyer?
Here are the top fifteen interview questions to ask a divorce lawyer.
- What areas of law do you practice?
- What geographical area and courts do you cover?
- What experience do you have with divorce cases?
- How will you help me resolve my divorce case?
- What accreditations do you have?
What will a divorce lawyer ask me?
What to Expect From Your First Meeting: During your initial consultation with a matrimonial attorney, expect the attorney to provide you with an overview of what to anticipate relative to at least the following five issues: (1) the divorce process, (2) matters pertaining to any minor children of the marriage, (3) …
What should I bring to my divorce lawyer consultation?
Prepare a Summary of Outlining Your Family Matter Also gather any documents that are important to your case such as court documents. Also, if you can, bring your marriage certificate, tax documents, important text messages, your employment contract and any recent letters from your ex-spouse’s lawyer if you have any.
What do I need to bring to my first divorce attorney?
10 things to bring to your initial consultation with a divorce…
- Prepare your Schedule of Assets and Debts.
- Prepare your Income and Expense Declaration.
- Prepare a list of questions you want to ask the divorce lawyer.
- Tax Returns.
- Self-employment documents.
- List out the relevant facts about your case.
- Ask the attorney for his or her client intake sheet in advance of the meeting.
What does uncontested mean in a divorce?
The first is an “uncontested” divorce—which is where both spouses agree on all issues concerning the divorce, including but not limited to the division of marital property and debts, child custody, child support, and spousal support (“alimony”).
What needs to be agreed upon in a divorce?
Your divorce settlement agreement should cover everything that is important to you, including custody of your children, child support payments, alimony, and the separation of your property, such as your family home, vehicles, and other assets.