Can I just go back to using my maiden name?

Can I just go back to using my maiden name?

All you need to revert your ID and bank accounts back to your maiden name after you divorce is your decree absolute and your marriage certificate. Alternatively, you can change your name by deed poll and present this document instead.

Can I mail in my name change to Social Security?

You’ll need to fill out Form SS-5, the standard application for a Social Security card that you can download from the Social Security website. Mail the form or deliver it in person to your local Social Security office, along with original copies of documents proving your legal name change and your identity.

How do I start a new life after marriage?

Make Yourself a Priority Start by giving yourself the attention, care and love you deserve. Stop worrying about what their new life after divorce will be like and start re-examining your life. Start doing the things you once enjoyed doing but couldn’t because of your obligations after marriage.