Can you sue someone for ruining your relationship?

Can you sue someone for ruining your relationship?

No one wins in an adulterous relationship—least of all is the jilted spouse—but luckily, there is legal recourse for some situations: You can sue someone for breaking up a marriage. You may file a suit charging the other man or other woman with intentionally interfering in your marital relationship.

What states can you sue for breaking up a marriage?

Have you ever wanted to sue someone you believe broke up your marriage — a "homewrecker?" Well, in six states — Hawaii, Illinois, New Mexico, North Carolina, Mississippi, South Dakota, and Utah — you can. In those six states, the "Alienation of Affection" claim is an option.

Can you sue the other woman for destroying my marriage?

In the states that allow you to sue a third party for ruining your marriage, you can do so through any of two civil tort actions: criminal conversation or alienation of affection. It is a civil claim for adultery, also known as seduction.

Can you sue your husband for getting another woman pregnant?

Dear Natasha, It may be a legal task for you to prove that your husband was adulterous in a divorce case as you mutually agreed and knew what was going on. Legally, adultery is voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and someone other than the lawful spouse.