How do you get a marriage annulled in Indiana?

How do you get a marriage annulled in Indiana?

In order to file for an annulment, you must file paperwork titled Petition for Annulment with your county’s superior court. If both parties are amenable to an annulment, you can file a document titled Agreed Annulment. The documents for filing for divorce are available on the Indiana Judicial Branch’s website.

Can I be held liable for my spouse’s debts?

Generally, one is only liable for their spouse’s debts if the obligation is in both names. But, unless both the husband and the wife are on the credit card account (even if only as a co-signer), one spouse will not be held liable for the obligation of the other on that account.

What happens to credit card debt in divorce?

When you get a divorce, you are still responsible for any debt in your name. Most states follow “common law,” which means that a court will hold you responsible for any credit card debt that is solely in your name, and will hold you jointly liable for credit card debt that is in both your name and your spouse’s name.