How do I get a marriage certificate in Colorado?

How do I get a marriage certificate in Colorado?

Apply in Person.You must apply in person for a Marriage License at your local Colorado County Clerk and Recorder Office.For more information about each office (location, hours, etc.), please see the links at the bottom of this page.

How long does it take to get a marriage certificate in Colorado?

filing for divorce online

To get a marriage license in Colorado, both partners need to go into a County Clerk’s office on a weekday and fill out some paperwork. This process only takes about 20 minutes.

How much is a marriage certificate in Colorado?

Marriage licenses can be purchased for $30 and may be used immediately within the state of Colorado. The license, available at any of the offices listed below is valid for 35 days from the issue date. Marriage licenses are recorded at the main office only.

Can you marry yourself in Colorado?

In Colorado, Yes You can. Can you officiate your own wedding in Colorado? Yes. It’s called self solemnization, and Colorado is one of a small number of states that allows this type of self uniting marriage ceremony.

Can you get married without an officiant in Colorado?

Couples themselves may solemnize their marriage (C.R.S 14-2-109) in Colorado as well. This means that you do not need an officiant or witnesses. Friends or relatives cannot solemnize a marriage unless they are ordained.

Who can perform marriages in Colorado?

filing for divorce online

Solemnize the Marriage. Though parties typically have a judge or minister perform the ceremony, Colorado allows the marriage to be solemnized by a judge, magistrate, minister, or even one of the parties to the marriage. C.R.S. 14-2-109. A friend or family member will need to be authorized, however.

Who is authorized to officiate a wedding?

Who Can Perform a Wedding? Usually the state laws licensing provide any recognized member of the clergy (such as a Priest, Minister, Rabbi, Imam, Cantor, Ethical Culture Leader, etc.), or a judge, a court clerk, and justices of the peace have authority to perform a marriage.