How far back does Discovery go in a divorce?
Do divorce lawyers talk to each other?
The relationship you have with your lawyer is sacrosanct. When you retain a lawyer, whether for a divorce or another issue, the lawyer is ethically charged with holding what you say to him/her as confidential. That means your attorney cannot talk about your case in public or to third parties without your consent.
What questions should I ask my first divorce lawyer?
5 Questions to Ask Your Divorce Lawyer During Your First Meeting
- What Do You Need to Know from Me? When meeting with a divorce lawyer for the first time, many clients struggle with where to start with their story.
- How Can I Make This Divorce Less Expensive?
- What Can I Expect the Divorce Process to Be Like?
- What Are My Next Steps After This Meeting?
- Tell Me About Yourself.
How do I prepare for my first divorce lawyer?
10 things to bring to your initial consultation with a divorce…
- Prepare your Schedule of Assets and Debts.
- Prepare your Income and Expense Declaration.
- Prepare a list of questions you want to ask the divorce lawyer.
- Tax Returns.
- Self-employment documents.
- List out the relevant facts about your case.
- Ask the attorney for his or her client intake sheet in advance of the meeting.
What questions should I ask my family lawyer?
5 Questions You Must Ask Your Family Attorney
- “How long have you practiced family law?” This is one of the most important questions to ask your family lawyer.
- “How many cases like mine have you handled?”
- “Generally, how long does it take for you to respond to phone calls and emails?”
- “Will anyone else be working on my case?
- “How do you charge clients?
What do you talk about in a divorce?
5 Topics You Need to Discuss with Your Divorce Lawyer
- Property. When you’re filing for divorce, you’re probably worried about a lot of things starting with where you’re going to live and who will have physical custody of the kids.
- Child Support. Most courts prefer that divorcing parents share custody of their children.