Can I lose custody of my child if I get a DUI?

Can I lose custody of my child if I get a DUI?

A parent who has partial custody or physical custody over his or her children may not lose custody for a single DUI unless the offense was especially serious, involved an extreme DUI, or the parent had his or her children in the car at the time. Any DUI charge will beg the questions of dependency and abuse.

Can the mother Cancel back child support?

filing for divorce online

Child support back pay cannot be totally forgiven or waived, but there are a few situations that can help you handle it. Double-check the amount the court states you are in arrears. If your child lived with you for a period that the back pay is referencing, the judge may lessen the child support amount.

Does child support stop if parents live together?

A child has the right to get financial support from both parents, and it does not matter if the parents are married or ever got married. This is true even if the parents never lived together, and even if a parent never spends any time with the child.

Can a step parent’s income be included in child support?

Stepchildren. You can apply to change your assessment in special circumstances if you’re caring for your stepchild and both of the following apply: neither legal parent can financially support the child. you pay child support for any other children.

Are school supplies covered by child support?

Child Support covers expenses for children such as food, housing, clothes, school costs and other extra-curricular activities. It applies to all parents whether married, in a de facto relationship, who have never lived together or never had a relationship, and also may include same-sex parents.

Can a mother stop father from seeing child?

filing for divorce online

As a general rule, a parent is not allowed to practice denying access to a child in Australia, even in the following situations: The parent won’t pay family support. The parent does not visit their young one enough despite there being a custody agreement in place.