What does superseded date mean?
to replace in power, authority, effectiveness, acceptance, use, etc., as by another person or thing. to set aside or cause to be set aside as void, useless, or obsolete, usually in favor of something mentioned; make obsolete: They superseded the old statute with a new one.
What does supplant mean in the Bible?
1. To take the place of or substitute for (another): Computers have largely supplanted typewriters. See Synonyms at replace. 2. To usurp the place of, especially through intrigue or underhanded tactics: In the Bible, Jacob supplants his older brother Esau.
Is Supplanter a bad thing?
Meaning and Origin This word is not typically thought of as positive. Conventionally the word Supplanter could be taken as a bad thing, like someone who takes or overthrows by force. However, supplanting or Supplanter could be looked at differently. The word could mean someone of strength and perseverance.
What’s another word for supplant?
Supplant Synonyms – WordHippo Thesaurus….What is another word for supplant?
Which is the closest synonym for the word epitome?
- personification, embodiment, incarnation, paragon.
- essence, quintessence, archetype, paradigm, typification, type.
- exemplar, definitive example, prototype.
- representation, model, soul, example, byword, classic case, classic example.
- acme, ultimate, zenith, height.
- rare avatar.
What is the meaning of replace?
replace, displace, supplant, supersede mean to put out of a usual or proper place or into the place of another. replace implies a filling of a place once occupied by something lost, destroyed, or no longer usable or adequate. replaced the broken window displace implies an ousting or dislodging.
What is the opposite of supplant?
Antonyms of SUPPLANT authorize, permit, set up, surrender, revive, confirm, sustain, continue, reinstate, legalize, take in, keep, cherish, promote, introduce, give in, repair, institute, support, renew, allow, restore, establish, hold, enact.
How do you use the word supplant in a sentence?
Supplant in a Sentence 🔉
- If my stepmother thinks she can supplant my real mother, then she has a rude awakening in her future!
- A text message cannot supplant an actual phone call because it is incapable of expressing emotion.
What is a synonym for taunt?
Some common synonyms of taunt are deride, mock, and ridicule. While all these words mean “to make an object of laughter of,” taunt suggests jeeringly provoking insult or challenge.
What is Tauting?
b(1) : not loose or flabby taut skin. (2) : marked by economy of structure and detail a taut story. taut. verb. tauted; tauting; tauts.
What does taunt someone mean?
: to reproach or challenge in a mocking or insulting manner : jeer at. taunt.
Is taunting illegal?
Technically, no. But, if your taunting interferes with their ability to do their job, they CAN arrest you for it (interfering). Taunting a police officer is in most circumstances, probably not illegal , but likely quite unwise.
What does Askew mean?
out of line
What is the opposite of a lucid dream?
A dream becomes lucid when your daytime ‘wake consciousness’ becomes active while you are in a dream- so you are dreaming and know you are dreaming. The opposite of this would be: when you are awake, the ‘sleep consciousness’ or ‘dream-state perspective of things’ becomes active while you are awake.
What is a dream that feels real Called?
Vivid dreams While we may consider any dream that we experience in REM sleep “vivid,” with vivid dreaming, it’s used to describe a particularly intense dream that felt very real. You may also remember your vivid dream a lot easier than a typical dream.
What are the 3 types of dreams?
3 Main Types of Dreams | Psychology
- Type # 1. Dreaming is Passive Imagination:
- Type # 2. Dream Illusions:
- Type # 3. Dream-Hallucinations:
Can you feel pain in dreams?
The results indicate that although pain is rare in dreams, it is nevertheless compatible with the representational code of dreaming. Further, the association of pain with dream content may implicate brainstem and limbic centers in the regulation of painful stimuli during REM sleep.