Can my ex quit his job to avoid child support?

Can my ex quit his job to avoid child support?

Answer: The simple answer to the question of whether a guy can quit his job to avoid child support is no. No, her husband will not be able to just quit his job, stay at home, and collect support from her. Parents of minor children have a duty to support the kids.

What can you do if your ex won’t let you see your child?

The non-custodial parent's next step is to file a petition (legal paperwork) in court to enforce visitation rights. Non-custodial parents may try to file these petitions on their own, but it is advisable to have an experienced family law attorney prepare it.

What happens if my ex doesn’t follow the divorce decree?

If your ex-spouse violates any aspect of the final decree of divorce, you can file a motion for contempt of court. The motion must state what areas of the final decree have been violated and why the ex-spouse should be held in contempt of court. The burden of proof during a contempt hearing is on the injured party.

What happens when there is no custody agreement?

If there is no custody order, both parents have an equal right to custody, and either can lawfully take physical possession of the child at any time. However, taking the child away without the other parent's consent can be held against you in court if that action was not reasonable.