Where do I file for divorce in Miami Dade County?

Where do I file for divorce in Miami Dade County?

In Miami Dade County, all dissolution cases, including regular dissolution of the marriage and simplified dissolution, are handled in the Family Court Division of the Florida court system. The dissolution process is initiated by filing a petition with the clerk of the Circuit Court’s office.

How long does divorce by publication take in Florida?

90 days

How do I find out the status of my divorce in Florida?

To access the records of a divorce cases in Florida, visit the website of the Clerk of the Circuit Court in the specific county where the case was heard. The website of Florida Courts provides a list of links to the websites of all Circuit Courts in Florida.

What is a wife entitled to in a divorce in Florida?

Florida operates under the laws of “equitable distribution,” which essentially means property acquired during the marriage belongs to the spouse who earned it, and during a divorce all assets and liabilities are to be divided between the spouses in a fair and equitable manner.

How do you get a divorce if you don’t work?

The cheapest way to get divorced is to agree to an uncontested divorce and devise a settlement agreement directly with your spouse. This outcome won’t work for everyone, especially if you and your spouse have can’t stand each other.

How do stay at home moms get divorced?

Divorce & The Stay-At-Home Mom

  1. Get all of your financial documents together:
  2. Gain access to funds:
  3. Craft a new budget:
  4. Know what the marital house is worth:
  5. Get a handle on your credit:
  6. Plan to return to work:
  7. Consider requesting temporary alimony:
  8. Hire a team of qualified professionals:

Can wife stay in house after divorce?

Answers (1) Legally a wife can stay with her husband or at his place of residence even if a petition for divorce has been filed by her against him or by him against her. Usually the alimony is the full and final settlement and that husband is not required to provide separate residence.