How do i find divorce records in Tennessee?

How do i find divorce records in Tennessee?

The Tennessee State Library and Archives can, for a fee, copy up to three chapters from the published Acts of Tennessee. If an act is located, we an also check to see if a legislative petition is on file for the divorce. Court minutes are another location to search for records concerning the granting of a divorce.

How do I get a copy of my divorce decree in Shelby County TN?

Where can I pick up a copy of my divorce? You can come to our offices during normal business hours: Shelby County Courthouse. 140 Adams. Room B48 (in the basement) You can fill out a Civil Case or Tax Sale Request Form and email the form to:

Is Shelby County Court closed?

In order to help reduce the spread of COVID -19, the Criminal Court Clerk’s Office hours are from 8 am to 1 pm, Monday through Friday, until further notice.

Is Shelby County courts open?

The Shelby County Circuit Court Clerk’s Office is returning to normal operating hours. While we are returning to normal operations, we will be practicing social distancing for the safety of the public and our staff.

Where do I file for divorce in Shelby County TN?

The Shelby County, Tennessee Courthouse is located in downtown Memphis, Tennessee. The Shelby County Circuit Court Clerk’s office is located on the second floor of the courthouse, and the Shelby County Chancery Court Clerk and Master’s office is located on the third floor. 140 Adams Ave. 140 Adams Ave.

How do I file for divorce without a lawyer in Tennessee?

You may even qualify to do the divorce yourself without a lawyer. In this case, you simply need to fill out the appropriate divorce papers for Tennessee and submit them to your county clerk to begin the process.

What is the filing fee for divorce in Tennessee?

$184 to $301

How long do you have to be separated before divorce in TN?

two years

What if spouse refuses to sign divorce papers in Tennessee?

In Tennessee, if a spouse will not sign divorce papers after being served, there are still ways to move forward with the divorce. You can file with the court and await an assigned court date. If your spouse does not show up for that court date, the judge will grant a divorce by default judgment.