Can I ask my husband to leave the house?

Can I ask my husband to leave the house?

The short answer is yes, you can force a Spouse to leave the marital residence. But there are requirements that must be met in order to have a sole legal claim to the marital home. An agreement between spouses on who is to move out and situations of domestic violence are examples meeting the requirements.

What can I do if my husband won’t leave the house?

A specialist called a 'mediator' can help you and your partner find a solution without going to court. If mediation doesn't work, you can take your partner to court. You might be able to stay in your home while your separation is finalised by a court even if your name is not on the deeds or tenancy agreement.

Can my wife ask me to leave the house?

In most cases, your wife cannot legally stop you from moving back home without temporary orders, a restraining order or a Court Order granting her exclusive use of the marital home. Your wife simply doesn't have legal grounds to keep you out, and she certainly can't change the locks.